If you ever have the serene pleasure of staying at Gaige House + Ryokan, know that these delicious cookies are served every day. Bring this recipe into your home for a balanced treat that's not too sweet.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift the flour, matcha powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to butter/sugar and mix slowly until dough just comes together.
- Pull dough together carefully in a log, approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap dough log and place in freezer for 30 minutes or until dough has firmed to the touch.
- Slice dough into 1/4" rounds and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, approximately 1" apart.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes (or until the cookies are just starting to turn golden around the edges), turning the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove cookies immediately from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.