Sonoma Valley is a great place to come run, any time of year. If you’re looking for a fun and active getaway without the snow and sleet, consider these ten reasons runners love Sonoma Valley in fall and winter:
10. Train in temperate weather all year long, especially in December when the fog rolls in, the sun calms down, and you can run for miles without getting too hot or too cold.
9. Fuel up on Sonoma Valley’s fresh, local produce and farm-to-table fare at Sunflower Caffé, Taub Family Outpost, Valley Bar + Bottle, Glen Ellen Star, Café La Haye, LaSalette and countless other amazing restaurants.
8. Hike or run up the Sonoma Overlook Trail for a great workout and killer views of the Valley. San Pablo Bay and San Francisco.
7. Enjoy miles and miles of awesome bike paths, vineyard roads and hiking trails. Check out the Sonoma bike path and bike trails to take in the local perspective, Jack London Historic State Park for culture and nature, and a host of beautiful regional parks to explore.
6. Soak in the holiday atmosphere under the lights of the historic Sonoma Plaza—without the snow!
5. Find the perfect holiday gift from boutiques featuring locally-made and hard-to-find treasures and get all the feels from supporting small businesses.
4. After a long run, get a well-deserved massage at one of Sonoma Valley’s many spas. Pro tip: after a relaxing treatment at The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, enjoy a soak in their thermal pools for an added bonus.
3. Take in the local music scene at Tips Roadside’s Brunch & Blues, the HopMonk Tavern, and Starling Bar.
2. Settle in and get to know the Valley like a local: While you’re here, stay in one of our luxury resorts, cozy inns and hotels, or intimate vacation rentals. There’s nothing like Sonoma hospitality to make you feel like you’re home.
1. Hold the neon-colored electrolyte drinks! After a nice run, unwind with a glass of wine at one of our 100 wineries and tasting rooms.
Specials for Napa to Sonoma Registrants:
101 Adobe Canyon Road
Kenwood, CA 95452
Two for one tasting to any participants who have registered for the race and come visit.
Located at the foothills of the Mayacamas Mountains on the corner of Highway 12 and Adobe Canyon Road in Sonoma Valley, Landmark Vineyards offers daily tastings featuring signature wines as well as small-production, winery-only Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs. Landmark Vineyards offers tasting experiences along with gorgeous views. Limited-production Pinot Noir and Chardonnay off the estate and from surrounding vineyards are offered daily. A delicious array of local cheeses and charcuterie to complement your tasting are made available as a build-your-own picnic option for all guests.
13651 Arnold Dr
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
VIP tasting experience as a “Member for a Day” – enjoy the benefits of being a Club Member including special access and member pricing.
18596 Lomita Ave
Sonoma, CA 95476
Complimentary tasting for two people and 10% savings on our wines to the participants