Sonoma Valley: Where to Go if You Don’t Do Snow
Skip the slopes and enjoy the winter season with equally thrilling and luxurious activities in wine country. Whether soaring through the Redwoods, wine tasting with former NFL players, spending the day in the Sonoma Serengeti or taking an e-bike ride through the vineyards, Sonoma Valley makes for the perfect winter getaway with activities that cater to those who don't like snow and ice – not mention, in wine country, we après all day.
Below, please find activities that are sure to pump up any winter getaway – sans snow boots – for those who don’t want to, or quite frankly, can’t make it down a mountain.
- Skip Watching Football and Drinking Beer at Home, and Drink Wine with Former NFL Players: Three Fat Guys, which was started by three former Green Bay Packers players and friends – Tony Mill, Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz – is a tribute to three grape varietals: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Rather than watching the game from home or in a bar, head to their Sonoma Valley tasting room to hear stories from actual pros while enjoying California wines.
- Trade the Sleigh Ride for an e-bike tour with Sonoma Adventures: Explore Sonoma Valley in style with Sonoma Adventures, which provides guests the opportunity to see the wine country by e-bike or Segway while experiencing wine tasting, a cheese factory tour, grape stomps, sport clay shooting and more.
- Just like Santa, Ride through the Sky with Sonoma Canopy Tours: An adrenaline rush like no other, Sonoma Canopy Tours offers thrilling zipline experiences through the Redwoods. Three separate tours are offered including a ‘Night Flight Tour’ where guests can catch the sunset or admire the stars from any tree top platforms.
- Skip the Post-Holiday Mall Rush and Visit Local Boutiques: Sonoma Valley is home to many local shops that offer clothing, home furnishings, jewelry and local goods, like olive oil, artisan cheeses and hand-milled soaps. Rather than fighting in the parking lot for a space, enjoy a leisurely stroll around Sonoma Plaza and rub elbows with actual business owners, not stressed shoppers with return receipts aplenty!
- Ditch the Slopes for a Safari in the Sonoma Serengeti: Since its founding in 1933, Safari West has become a premier wildlife destination in the U.S. Visitors discover a 400-acre wilderness with more than 900 animals representing 90 different species roaming across some of the largest enclosures in the country. With a dedication to conservation, environmental education, stewardship and individual responsibility, visitors can experience the sights and sounds of the “Sonoma Serengeti” and can even spend the night “glamping” in a luxurious safari tent.