Essential Whole Body Wellness' health guru, Jen Bakane, has used this 3-Day reset meal plan for years (but actually you can even do it just one or two days and still see a benefit). It is the perfect way to hit the reset button after the holidays or a vacation and always seems to recalibrate my cravings and reaffirm mindful food choices.
Start with a green smoothie for breakfast. I personally like to start most days with a green smoothie to front load the day with extra veggies and anti-inflammatory herbs (ginger and turmeric root). Then have a salad for lunch and soup for dinner. Sip on water and herbal tea throughout the day. Prepare to take a pause from intense exercise, and simply rest.
BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Dandelion greens (feel free to use spinach, kale or any other green if dandelion greens aren’t available)
- Ginger root (about a thumbnail size)
- Turmeric root (about a thumbnail size)
- Organic red delicious apple
- Organic lemon
- Blend ingredients and sip!
LUNCH BEET SALAD INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Roasted beets
- Walnuts (or sesame seeds as pictured)
- Balsamic dressing (blend olive oil, balsamic vinegar, clove garlic, salt and pepper)
- Cut ingredients into dice-sized pieces, add to a salad bowl, and top with balsamic dressing.
VEGETABLE SOUP INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Homemade vegetable broth
- Garlic, salt and pepper
- Top with spinach
- Cut ingredients into dice-sized pieces, sauté over medium heat, add broth and simmer until veggies are soft. Top with spinach during the last few minutes of cooking.