Kunde Family Winery serves this appetizer at the height of spring, when fresh herbs like dill and green onions are in season. Serve this to start off a meal, or on its own for an afternoon picnic or winetasting. With bright lemony flavors, the crostini pair beautifully with Kunde's Block 4SB20 Sauvignon Blanc--yum!
- 1 sourdough baguette – thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 oz package cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 lbs cooked small shrimp – coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions – minced
- 1 1/2 T fresh dill – chopped
- 1 T lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon peel – grated
- 1 tsp tobasco
- Salt and pepper
- Small sprigs of fresh dill for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place sliced sourdough on a foil covered baking sheet and brush the bread with a small amount of olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and cool.
Beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in large bowl. Fold in shrimp, green onions, dill, lemon juice, lemon peel and tobasco. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread 1 T shrimp mixture on top of each toasted baguette slice. Broil briefly until the shrimp mixture just begins to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Top with a small fresh sprig of dill. Serves 8-10.