As one of the early trailblazers of farm-to-table fare in Sonoma Valley, the girl + the fig knows a thing or two about how to make vegetables shine. This sweet and savory side dish is sure to make your fall table or Thanksgiving dinner even more special! Serves 8-10 people as a side.
- 1 Delicata squash
- 1 Acorn squash
- 1 Small butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 Cup honey
- 1⁄4 Cup ricotta salata, grated
- 3 Tablespoons marjoram leaves
- 3 Tablespoons candied pumpkin seeds 2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the delicata and acorn squash in half remove seeds and then slice into 1⁄2” quarter rounds.
3. Peel outside skin of butternut squash, cut in half, remove seeds and cut into 1⁄2’ pieces.
4. Toss squash with olive salt & pepper and roast for 15 minutes or until just soft. Allow to cool to room to temperature.
5. Set oven to high broil.
6. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt butter with honey. Toss squash and cook until honey begins to thicken. Place it under the broiler until squash begin to caramelize, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Remove squash, place on a serving platter, sprinkle with ricotta, marjoram, pumpkin seeds and sea salt.