Nothing says springtime like fresh snap peas, shallots and a light-bodied fish like sole. Gloria Ferrer has captured the flavors of spring in this light and delicious seasonal dish, complemented by fresh flavors like lemongrass and ginger. Easy to prepare and quick to make an impression, it's a great meal to share for a last-minute dinner party. Make sure to serve it alongside a bottle of their Sonoma Brut--a sparkling classic that's sure to tickle the palate! Serves 8.
- 8-6 oz. portions of Pacific sole fillet, skinless
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh snap peas, de-stringed, thinly sliced
- 2” piece of ginger, peeled, julienned
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 ½-2 oz. of dry white wine
- 8 sheets of baking parchment paper, about 12” x 16”
- Arbequina extra virgin olive oil by Gloria Ferrer
- Season the sole with salt and set aside.
- Peel the tough outer husk of the lemongrass away, leaving the tender heart. Slice as thinly as you can.
- Lay out the parchment, distribute the shallots, ginger, and lemongrass among the sheets. Top with the snap peas and butter, and lay the fish on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Fold the parchment in half over the fish and roll up each edge three times securing the parcel. Before you secure the third side, pour in 1 ½-2 oz. white wine.
- Bake on two sheet trays in a 400 °F oven for 15 minutes until they have filled with steam. Transfer to warm plates and serve immediately.